>From your query, it appears to me that you want to do
some filtering on packets before they are passed on to
the upper layer application layer. Something like IP
hooks in Symbian OS.

I dont think PalmOS allows you do that (as a
deverloper). Maybe you would like to get hold of there
souce code(as a licensee) and do some tweaking on your
own.

I assume that PalmOS BSD lib has been ported from bsd
and fortubnately one can do what u r saying in bsd.

Correct me if I am wrong here!

-Viren

=================================

Hello

My problem is like this:

application uses tcp/ip to synchronize quite large
amount of data and I
can do nothing about how it is done.

I need to make some system hack to check for tcp/ip
functions and if
tcp/ip connection to certain server/port is opened
then it will
transparently compress/decompress all data. I need it
to be 'invisible',
so application will work without knowing that
something changed.

I believe it must be possible to make something like
it, but I don't
know even where should I start...

thanks in advance

Michal Seliga