If you have experience programming in C/C++ then start with the programmers volume 1 and possibly 2. Programmers volume 1 gives you a great overview of how the O.S. works. Volume 2 tackles communications. You can get them from palmsource.com (I think you need to register first ).

If you don't have any experience with C/C++ then you might find volume 1 and 2 interesting, but you will probably struggle just copying a string in to a record and storing it in a database (just search this newsgroup archives for Char * and you will see what I am talking about =) ).

Brad

J. Sanders wrote:
I am new to palm developing and am unsure of where to start. Does anyone
have any suggestions or is there someone whom I can fire questions to
without using the forums? Please reply to me directly and not the
forums.

J. Sanders