I solved the problem in my application in the following way.

I use the nilEvent to update some fields dynamically. This was
causing a problem when the menu was opened on top of
the fields. I simply changed the code in the nilEvent to only
update the fields when the main form was the active form:

if (FormPtr(WinGetActiveWindow()) == frmPtr)
{
}

Laurie

"Luc Le Blanc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Matt Graham a écrit :

> Jim White wrote:
> > I have noted that when I bring up a menu over some fields that are
> > being re-written at regular intervals, the data in the field
> > over-writes the menu.
> >
> > I have tried triggering on various things (like MenuOpenEvent to hide
> > the fields and MenuEvent to re-enable them) but I can't seem to get
> > consistency in the events (I get 3 MenuOpenEvents, followed by a
> > winExitEvent, followed by two MenuOpenEvents when I open the menu,
> > for example).
> >
> > Is there a clean and easy way to stop displayed fields, buttons, etc.
> > from overwriting an open menu?
>
> You could try hiding the offending fields when the menu opens and
> showing them again when it closes.

How do you know the menu closes? The API Reference states the menuCloseEvent
is
not implemented :(

--
Luc Le Blanc