On Wednesday 18 February 2004 11:16 am, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> > I don't want to use the command line at all.
>
>       So you want an IDE instead? Use whatever works. For you, an IDE,
> for myself (and Aaron and some others), a shell with all of the proper
> development tools is preferred.

If this is turning into an informal poll for tool developers about preferred
development environments, put me down for flexible, stand-alone tools
written to the POSIX standard.  No IDE for me please - typically less
portable to the OS I want to use and it just gets in the way of what I
want to do.  Your mileage may vary, some settling may occur, etc., etc.

mike