On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 06:23:16PM -0500, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> .. snip vmware ad :-) ...

Another benefit is OS testing. I just keep a vmware image of each of
Win98, 98+ie6, w2k, w2ksp3, wxp, and I can test my software on each OS
with ease, especially with the snapshots David was talking about. It
doesn't even take up much disk space; I can put the entire compressed
image onto a CDROM.

I also like it for running other versions of Linux. My system runs
Debian/unstable, but production servers I manage mostly run
Debian/woody. No problem, run Debian/woody on VMware, minimize the
vmware window, and just ssh in.

I've been running vmware since 1999 (v. 1.0), and have happily paid for
every upgrade since. And I'll pay for the 4.5 upgrade too.

--

Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA

Dave is currently listening to Killing Joke - The Hum (Revelations)