I have a conduit that takes a text file and converts it to a PDB specific to
my app.  I'm currently packing a buffer that represents each record and
writing the record to the handheld with SyncWriteRec when hotsyncing.

A potential customer is looking for a stand-alone version of the conduit
that can convert the text file to the PDB on the desktop computer without
uploading it to the handheld.  Rather, they want to create the PDB on the
desktop.  It looks to me like I need to replace all of the Sync calls.
E.g., SyncCreateDB, SyncWriteRec, etc.  I have no clue about the file
structure of a PDB and have relied on the Sync function calls to read and
write my PDBs.

How does one create a database and records without using the Sync calls?
Any advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich