Hello everybody,

I have just bought the new Sony Clié TH55. The device has got an infrared beaming problem with PalmOne PalmOS 5 devices. Beaming adresses and applications does not work to the Clié. But outgoing from the Clié, it works.

I did some tests:

Beaming from Palm m515 (PalmOS 4) to Clié TH55 works correctly.
Beaming from Zire71/ Tungsten T/ Tungsten T2 (PalmOS 5) to Clié TH55 does NOT work.
Beaming from Tungsten T3 (PalmOS 5) to Clié TH55 works correctly.
Beaming from Clié TH55 to different devices works correctly, strangely enough.

Playing the game XrOw in Palm-to-Palm mode between Zire 71 and Clié TH55 works correctly! (Though beaming from the same Zire 71 did not work.)

I installed an infrared monitor on the Clié, and there is some data coming inbound. But the system does not respond to accent the data. :-(

Does anybody have a clue, or a workaround?
How can I contact the Sony developers for a report?

Kind regards,
Alexander Lange.