From: Benoit Scherrer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Palm Developer Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Serial Communication problem
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:38:41 -0400

Hello,

I have some problems using serial communication with PalmOS.
I use cradle port to communicate with an external hardware,
using the code :

if ((err = SrmOpen(serPortCradleRS232Port, 9600, &port)) != 0)
     return COMM_Exit ( err, port, COMM_ERR_DLG );

It works fine on my Palm IIIc.

BUT : In the emulator, i have two
different ROMs of PalmIIIc (with PalmOS 3.5), and it works
only on one ROM, the other make the error "Serial: (Ser 0302)"
(that is serErrBadPort) I So I thought it was just because of
the emulator. But when I tried on a real Palm m105, it gives
me the same error code!! So my program can't work on a
palm m105, and maybe other Palms. Do you have an idea why
it don't work? (and why it works fine on one rom, and not
the other)

THANKS A LOT!
Benoit