Hi,
   I have several databases which I wish to open at the start of my
application.  I don't want to limit my application to looking on card 0 as I
would like the databases to be able to be transferred to any card (they are
read only).

The problem I have is that if I want to open the db by name then I have to
supply the cardno.  If I want to allow any card then I can open the dbs by
type and creator id, but it just keeps coming back with the first database
everytime I do the open command...how do I tell it to open the db by name
but not cardno?

I'm sure there is a really simple way of doing this and I'm just missing
something fundamental!

Thanks for all your help,

Salli