Thanks all...

Mostly I was just calling this for debugging, to try to verify that the
BitmapPtr created from my call was using my owner ID.  (Since I wanted to
try changing that owner ID by calling MemPtrSetOwner(), but that call failed
with an memErrInvalidParameter error).

-- Chris

"Gavin Maxwell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> MemPtrOwner is an undocumented API and not supported under OS 5...
>
> Seems strange that you would want to call this anyway... what are you
trying to achieve? There might be an easier/more supported way of doing it.