-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of zze-URIA
RECIO Pedro FTRD/DMR/ISS
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 9:50 AM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: RE : Multi Threading in Palm OS!

Palm OS 5 is multithread in a very loww OS level but it is MONOTHREAD for a
user application:
However you can simulate a relative multithread:
* by using alarms, the problem is that the finest alarm granularity is 1
second. I don't know if that suits you
* by enabling socket notifications if your application uses sockets. This
way, your thread does not care about reading socket. It is an OS internal
thread who does it.

Pedro URIA-RECIO

R&D Engineer - France Telecom R&D (FTR&D/DMR/SRS) Satellite Services and
Networks Laboratory 38-40 rue du Général Leclerc, 92794 Issy-Les-Moulineaux
Cedex 9 FRANCE

Tél:  +33 (0) 1 45 29 66 98
Fax:  +33 (0) 1 45 29 45 34
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]