I use winxp english,and develop for clie Japanese version.
I input Japanese in PilRC designer(NOT Constructor1.9) on my PC,and it show
"???".
I input Japanese in the other PC(Win2000 Japanese version),and copy it to My
PC.I use the characters,it run well!

May my way can help you.
Good Luck!

Regards,