At 12:21 PM 6/26/2004, you wrote:
Whenever I try to use PODS to debug anything (e.g., the HelloWorld template project), the debugger fires up the 5.4 sim OK, the debug console pops up on the sim, and the Windows-side console shows:

Section 'Dtest code:0000' loaded @ 0x58000cb8 on card 0 ( Sect(1) )
Section 'Dtest code:0001' loaded @ 0x58017548 on card 0 ( Sect(0) )

but that's it. Nothing else. I can terminate from the debugger (in which case I can see the app form flash up in the instant before the sim resets), but it never hits a breakpoint and no other commands are available. I've been beating my head against this one for a while, so any help would be greatly appreciated (I tried the tools forum, but only heard from people who were having the same problem).

I know that I don't have that problem with my PODS 1.0 alpha installation -- however, there's not enough detail in your message to be able to tell what's happening.

Try clicking on the PalmSim screen after this launch happens -- I've seen Palm OS get into a state where it doesn't start the new app until there's some external stimulus.

-- Ben Combee, DTS technical lead, PalmSource, Inc. Read "Combee on Palm OS" at http://palmos.combee.net/