On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 01:41:45PM -0700, Keith Rollin wrote:
> Actually, looking into this a little more deeply, I see that Ton's
> patches patch the following in addition to gdb:
>
> [files outwith gdb]

Yes, that's why I said "to do with the debugger" rather than "in the
debugger" :-).

> Am I incorrect in assuming that the above changes would affect the
> actual generation of the application?

The only one that might make a non-trivial difference to the generated
bfd executable is the obj-coff.c patch.  It may be a (partial?) fix
to the "gas fails if one translation unit has more than 64K of code
in it even when no single code section therein is larger than 64K"
problem [1]; I don't recall.  Ton?

    John

[1] That problem can be worked around by splitting the huge translation
    unit, of course; and that'd often be an improvement in style anyway.