Shouldn't there be a SrmOpen(serPortIrPort,1200,&PortID) somewhere?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Danielle O'Hallisey
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 7:12 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: IR and serial ports

I have written some code to test whether or not the IR port is properly
opened under serial manager, and the implication is that it is not.
                  CSerialStream ser (serPortIrPort, 1200, 1 *
SysTicksPerSecond(),5);
//initialize the port as IR port, 1200 baud, timeout is 1 second
                  UInt32 dwFlags = srmSettingsFlagBitsPerChar8 |
srmSettingsFlagStopBits1;
                 UInt16 wValueSize = sizeof(dwFlags);
                 ser.Control(srmCtlSetFlags, &dwFlags, wValueSize);

/*Later, we close like this:*/

                 Err error;
                 error= SrmClose (serPortIrPort);
                 {switch (error)
                 {case serErrBadPort :
                                 {
                                 FrmCustomAlert(SerialErrorAlert, "Ain't No
Thing", "!", "");
                                 return true;
                                 break;
                                 }
                case serErrNotOpen:
                                 {
                                 FrmCustomAlert(SerialErrorAlert, "Ain't
Open", "!", "");
                                 return true;
                                 break;
                                 }
                case serErrNoDevicesAvail:
                                 {
                                 FrmCustomAlert(SerialErrorAlert, "Couldn't
Find Nothing", "!", "");
                                 return true;
                                 break;
                                 }
                default: break;
                                 }
                                 }

Whether I define the port as serPortIrPort, 0x8001, or sysFileCVirtIrComm
the result is the same; the close switch/case returns “Ain’t No Thing!”
which means that apparently there is no IR port available.  I am using the
latest/greatest CW 9.x and port the app to my Zire 71 (which definitely has
an IR port) so, uh… what’s up?

Thank you,

Danielle O'Hallisey