mike margerum wrote:
I just dont understand their licensing strategy.  Why not license it
to anyone who wants to build devices around it without ridiculous
startup fees and minimum sales contracts.

Let Dell take a whack at palmOne.

Dell? You're kidding right? You think the company that still hasn't sold an AMD-based PC is gonna start making Palm OS devices? Do you really think they'd put that strain on their relationship w/ MS to make something for Palm OS? I'm sure of all the possible licensees, Dell is the one LEAST likely to not do it b/c of licensing fees and minimum sales contracts.