Howdy, Andrew!

On November 16, 2004 10:16 am, Andrew Comley wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if Glib is still a good way to develop shared libraries?
>
> If so are there any simple (really simple) instructions on how to get it to
> work!

I don't know about you, but I learn well from examples rather than full
instructions.  Below is a link to an example GLib library - a font library,
to be exact.

All exported library functions must be defined in <Library>.def - you can add
to the bottom, but do not change the order for backwards compatability.
Library.h are the definitions for the functions in the librray, and should be
included by the client application.  lib<Library>.a is included as a library
in the client application, as well, and provides the behind-the-scenes
mapping of functions to library.

You can include complete resources in your library, but be sure you don't map
over anything in your client application, as the lib's resources are loaded
after your application's, and PalmOS searches top-down.

The included makefile compiles everything in the Src directory into the
library.  No startup code is nessicary.

http://www.marginsoftware.com/attachments/FontLibrary.zip

Have a great day,
 Matthew Bevan

--
Matthew Bevan, Margin Software
 - Re-inventing the wheel, every time.

Finagle's Eighth Law:
        If an experiment works, something has gone wrong.