Hi,

I have trouble with routines that have been working for years and that give me errors when I test them on a T5 or Tré650 simulator.
It is a classical, enumerate of the volumes, then for each volume ask for the default '.pdb' path and finally scan the path for my files.

On a T5 simulator it works fine on the internal "memory card", but on the POSESlot1 I get a vfsErrFileNotFound when I try to do a VFSFileOpen on the "/PALM/Launcher/" path that VFSGetDefaultDirectory returns.

Here is a snippet:
volIterator = vfsIteratorStart;
while (volIterator != vfsIteratorStop)
{
if ((err = VFSVolumeEnumerate(&volRefNum, &volIterator)) == errNone)
// the enumerate finds two volumes, the internal and the POSESlot1
{
theLength = 255;
if ((err = VFSGetDefaultDirectory(volRefNum, ".pdb", thePath, &theLength)) == errNone)
// on the Internal volume it returns "/Applications/", no problem
// on POSESlot1 it returns "/PALM/Launcher/" which SHOULD be OK too
{
if ((err = VFSFileOpen(volRefNum, thePath, vfsModeRead, &dirRef)) == errNone)
// returns a vfsErrFileNotFound on "/PALM/Launcher/"

It is funny to notice that when I force the path to just "/" or "/PALM/" it works, but "/PALM/Launcher/" gives an error

Does someone see what I may overlook?
And why does the simulator in the "Card Info" application only see the internal volume, whereas the "Files" application sees everything?
Is this a simulator problem or a problem on real devices?

Thanks for any hint.

Christophe ANDRES