-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tam Hanna
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 9:02 PM
To: Palm Developer Forum
Subject: RE: Palm Shut Down

Hi, why make that much of a risky fuss about it? Just enqueque a
powerOffChr as a keyDownEvent into the event queue, and boom-the Palm is
powered off like if the power button was pressed! It may be more code,
but it is compatible and not system-use only. BTW, I didn't even know
that this function existed... Hope this helps Tam "Stephen H.S. Lee"
wrote:

KC,

You may use the following function call to turn off Palm,

                SysSleep(false, false);  // force to sleep

The function prototype is defined in "SystemMgr.h".  Since the "Palm OS
= Reference" document has classified it as a "System Use Only" function,
= you must use this function with caution on upcoming compatibility
issue.

Regards,
Stephen H.S. Lee