Each device handles memory differently. Personally, and I've found the Treo600/650 and Tapwave products to be rather more picky than the Palm/Tungsten line. There was one error that kept me puzzling for a while with the Treo. The emulators and simulators (Treo included) ran the app with no complaint, and the h/w palm devices similarly were OK, but the Treo600 just kept resetting at a certain point; no error message, just a restart. I eventually figured out that the error happened upon a string operation, and I found that I had forgotten to initialaze a character buffer with a terminating null character. The absence of the terminating null caused a buffer overrun and the crash. I suppose that the simulators and Palm devices were padding the newly-created, empty buffer with zeros, while the Treo simply assigned a pointer for the buffer and left the pre-existing memory contents alone. FWIW. Bob.

Manpreet wrote:

More things to add .....
My app, I tested on Palm Zire and Tugsten W with no errors why only
handspring treo reboots and reports problems like this???

Thanks,
Manpreet

In my case i've encountered such abnormal Treo600 resets in the followig situations.

 1). Memory Overflow
 2). Improper use of MemPtrFree(). (I mean to say using MemPtrFree()twice
for the same pointer or freeing the mem. that has never been alloted)
 3).Passing Invalid Database pointers.

 4). Finally, Treo just resets itself if any "Fatal Exception occurs"

 Well these are just few very common sutiations where you can except a
reset.

Simply try to avoid Improper memory handling thats it. :-)))))

  A simple way to check the cause of your Treo 600 reset is to go to the
phone dialer and dial:-

   a) For a Treo600 CDMA version: ##377
   b) For a Treo600 GSM version : #*377

Bye