I'm writing my first Bluetooth / Exchange manager code. The manufacturer of a bluetooth device has given me a list of protocols the device understands. E.g., "b" follow by a carriage return and linefeed ("b\r\n") will turn the device off.

From the Palm documentation I see I can initiate a connection with the
device by using the command ExgPut with the name parameter set to "_btobex://?_single/filename.ext". I understand the function of the "_btobex://?_single/" portion, but why is a filename needed and what is the file specified used for? I had planned on specifying the data using ExgSend directly. E.g.,

   ExgSend (&exgSocket, "b\r\n", 4, &err);

so I'm mystified why a filename is required.

If anyone could clue me in as to what the file does, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich