Yuen Kwee wrote:

thanks for the tip
because of that, i have a few other question

1. is SyncNotification the correct/appropiate way of doing it? by using SyncNotification, will there be any side effects?

I don't know about any side-effect. It is not the appropiate way to do, because the appropiate way would be to send a VCAL using the exchange manager and the local transport. Please consult the Companion about it. PalmSource/One does not guaranty the database structure of any ofthe internal apps, as far as I know. But at the end, they even put some compatible layers into PalmOS 6.x because many apps deal with it.

2. if i use SyncNotification, where should i add it into? in PilotMain or right after i write the ApptNewRecord?

I would do it directly after you insert the new record into the database. Btw. you don't need to deal with the correct position of the new record, the code called at sysAppLaunchCmdSyncNotify will handle this. Have a look into the example source for the datebook app.

Look into the datebook example: datebook.c/PilotMain

else if (cmd == sysAppLaunchCmdSyncNotify)
{
SyncNotification ();
}

3. i don't quite understand what you mean by the below
"Now we know, we must send sysAppLaunchCmdSyncNotify to the datebook app. Next we look into the Palm OS Reference: SysAppLaunch sends launch codes to applications. All you need now, is to find the CreatorID and the TypeID of the datebook app."
is this the explanation or the steps required to make it work?

That's the remaining step to make it work.

thanks a million for the reply/tip
hope you can answer this too... :D

You're welcome, Henk