On Sun,  9 Jan 2005 00:48:36 -0000, Han Wei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm a newbie and I'd like to know the difference between a 68k project, 68k
> PNO project, and Protein project.

68k is code that only has 68000 (68000 is a Motorola 680xx family
processor used in all old Palm OS devices running OS version < 5) code
and will run, if properly written, on all palm os devices and os
versions.

68k PNO might have additional ARM code. ARM processors are used in
newer palm os devices running OS 5. ARM code is (much) faster than 68k
but writing it is (much) more painful. If properly written, this code
will run on all palm devices running OS version <= 5. Not sure about
OS 6 aka protein.

Protein is for code specifically for Palm OS 6 known as Protein
(thanks to PalmSource marketing department for this opaque, confusing
and impossible to remember name). This code will only run on OS 6
devices and will not run on os 5 and earlier devices. That is to say,
that it won't run at all because there are not OS 6/Protein devices.

If you're new to Palm OS, stick with 68k.

Krzysztof Kowalczyk | http://blog.kowalczyk.info