Hi Luc,
I have experienced something like this once, too. Usually, the Grafitti
Shortcut database simply gets lost.
This is the place where the PalmOS stores all the shortcuts.
So, he shall hardreset his handheld and then try the shortcut option once
again.
If it works then, he should not sync the handheld with his old user name,
but rather install one app after the other!
Hope that this helps
Tam Hanna
Luc le Blanc wrote:

A remote user with a IIIxe running OS 4.1 tells me he can't get
shortcut..7 (or any other such shortcut) to work. He gets the shortcut
symbol, then the Graffiti punctuation sign, but when he taps a second
time, the shortcut symbol disappears and when typing a 7, all he gets is
a 7. Among others, I have the same device here, with no problem. Has
this been seen before?

--
Luc Le Blanc