I've been struggling with 2 wierd bugs for 3 days now. I finally figured one of them occured when I set a local variable in a function to

Char string[256] (the size I might need), but not when I set it to .
Char string[30] (the size I can get away with in debugging).

The crash doesn't happen straight away - it waits until I exit my application.

I'm guessing this means either that I've filled the stack (having read about a 2k limit I can believe this), or have filed the heap (I have some other largeish memory allocations)

So, I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a better way to realise when you are overfilling stack or heap then 'my app acts unpredictably' - (A stack overflow error message would have saved me a lot of time!)

2) How do I tell whether it's stack or heap that are the problem

3) Is there any 'best practice / tutorial' on this stuff - e.g. how to use the useful looking function MemSetDebugMode.

Thanks in advance

Rob -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/