I am craeting pdb files in a desktop application. My question has to do with what I should do for the uniquie IDs of the records. If I leave them as 0, they get filled in when they are hotsynced to the device. But if they left at 0 and droped onto the simulator, there is a problem when you hotsync the simulator, since all the records have the same ID.

Is there a way around this. Shold I fill in the id at the risk of going outside the PalmOS scheme of generating IDs?

thanks

Eric Potter