Hello folks,

Another stupid question - how do I change (in a documented and portable way)
the frame style of a button (e.g., from bold to standard and back)?

According to the PalmOS Programmer's API Reference, each control (e.g., a
button) has a ControlType structure associated with it. One of the fields of
this structure is a structure of type ControlAttrType. One of the fields in
*that* structure is "frame" and it can be any of the values of the enumerated
type ButtonFrameType for buttons - and standardButtonFrame or boldButtonFrame
in particular.

Fine. But the same documentation says about the ControlType structure, "Never
access its structure members directly, or your code may break in future
versions.". So, *how* do I access (and modify) a button's frame style using the
documented functions? There are functions for getting and setting the label of
a control or of its value (which obviously doesn't makes sense for buttons;
only for other controls) - but how do I control the other properties of the
control?

I've searched through the archives of this forum and the only relevant advice
I've found is from somebody who suggested drawing a rectangle with the
appropriate thickness around the button. That sounds a bit like cheating to me.
Is there a better way?

Regards,
Vesselin