versha khar wrote:

hi,
i have to make a TCP/IP application where i want to get the data form a
web-page [i have the URL for the page],i am using NetMgr.h functions, i am
using the following functions in the sequence mentioned below but it gives me
an error at function-NetLibSend :

1.SysLibFind for Net.Lib
2.NetLibOpen
3.NetLibGetHostByName for a specific URL
4.NetLibSocketOpen
5.NetLibSocketConnect
6.NetLibSend
7.NetLibReceive
8.NetLibSocketClose
9.NetLibClose

do i have to use these functions too :
NetLibSocketBind
NetLibSocketListen
NetLibSocketAccept
...kindly guide me through this.
if you could send some examples , it would be a great help!

Please try google, any bsd-socket example should fit. In short:
NetLibSocketListen to wait for a connection (act as Server), NetLibSocketAccept to accept an incoming connection (act as Server). You want to act as client, that's why you should be fine with NetLibSocketConnect.

Regards Henk -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Henk Jonas [EMAIL PROTECTED] Palm OS Â certified developer

  Please contact me, if you need an off-side contract worker.