I am very new to PalmOS programming and can answer only some of your questions
- and because I've hit them too recently. :-)

> I also prepared Small App Family icon but I don't know where it is
> used. I suspected it to be display at the List view,

That is correct.

> but my application there has default PalmOS icon. What kind of icon
> (family, size, density) should I create to display it in the List
> view?

Ah! There is a little trick here. :-) It is indeed the small app icon that is
displayed in list view - and which particular one from the family is displayed
depends on the properties of the display. That is, PalmOS automatically selects
the "best" icon - i.e., the one with the most colors or shades of gray - from
the family that the display of the device can handle.

However, the IDs of the icons do matter. The large app icon must have ID 1000 -
which is usually the case. But the small app icon must have the next ID in the
same family - i.e., 1001. Yours is probably 1100 or something like that -
that's why it is not displayed in list view. Change the ID of the small app
icon to 1001 and it will be displayed.

Regards,
Vesselin