> I was never really happy with having to install an entirely
different development environment just to compile the page of code
that does the sync.

I use that development environment in other work too, it's not just for conduits :-) Most programmers don't make their living writing Palm code, and most Palm apps need to communicate/sync somehow with desktop/server apps, so most programmers will already have another dev tool.

I was just pointing out that one-way syncs are easy to write, and have the advantage of immediately being able to access desktop/server databases. There are any number of libraries in a host of languages to access pdb files directly, but they are a little arcane (pdb files, I mean), and if you've grasped the structure of them, you've grasped the most difficult concepts in conduit writing anyway.

Cheers,
Jim Cooper

Jim Cooper    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tabdee Ltd    http://www.tabdee.ltd.uk

TurboSync - Connecting Delphi to your Palm