Alex Gusev wrote:
Hi, all,

I need to develop an application with sends selected PDB to some host. I can't just use Exchange Manager to do it because I need to 'decorate' my message with some additional stuff.

So I'd appreciate any ideas on how to read whole pdb into memory buffer to be
able to use it as regular Palm database after receiving such bufer at host side.

Probably I'm missing somesing simple, but anyway I'll be thankful to get some
clues.

BR,
Alex

You are unlikly to be able to read the PDB into a memory buffer, as you can not easly get more than 64K of memory in one chunk (I know there are some ways of doing this...)

You can use the exchange manager to convert a Database to its PDB representation with ExgDBWrite. You do not need to pass an exchange socket as the 'other' paramiter, you can pass some structure of your own containing your socket/file handle/whatever.. and use this in the callback function.

You can write whatever 'headers' before calling ExgDBWrite, and 'footers' once it has returned.