I have an application that has a form in it much like the built-in To Do List,
and I am currently trying to implement support for the 5-way navigator.  As in
the built-in To Do List app, I need to leave a "secondary focus" highlight on
the selected table item when moving the focus to one of the command buttons.

The problem is that once the focus moves to a command button, I am completely
unable to get the proper table highlight to show.  The only sample code I could
find on the pluggedin site deals with a non-editable table.  (I have
implemented the 5-way support for a non-editable table, but I can't get it
working on a table that allows for in-place editing.)

Does anyone know how to get this "secondary focus" highlight working for tables
that allow in-place editing?  Or does anyone know of anywhere where I can get
the Treo's To Do List app code?

The only option I can think of is to always leave the focus on the table and
draw the "focus rings" on the command buttons by hand, which seems like a hack.