Wow, that's really going to cripple your system isn't it.

<sarcasm off>

I think your flogging a dead horse, the PalmOS is dying whatever we like to think about it. MS is gaining ground and PalmOne have failed to release anything good in a long time. Look at the latest PPC models which have WiFi, Bluetooth, multiple SD Slots, VGA screens etc etc. You also have to keep in mind there are thousands of developers who can write applications for windows, and could easily move to the PPC platform without too much trouble.
Add to this the number of SmartPhones on the market, and it's going to be an uphill struggle for PalmOS. The failure of PalmOne to come out with anything good in the last 18 months is a real shame, and don't forget the mythical new operating system Cobalt, which may be great, but it's not here, in the real world, and the real world is moving at a very fast pace.

I am personlly considering dropping the PalmOS platform and moving to full-time PPC development.

But I digress.

Virus writers always target the majority platform, not the underdog, which Palm is rapidly becoming. They will target PPC and SmartPhones because it's easier to hit a larger audience.

Still, I'm sure we've all been over this ground far too much.

regards,

Chris Brooks.

Dr. Vesselin Bontchev wrote:

Quicker than non existent PalmOS viruses :-)

PalmOS viruses are not "non existent". There is a whole one of them. :-) See, for instance, this:

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/phage.shtml

(The first picture on that page is a bit misleading, BTW. The Phage virus
doesn't have an icon that looks like a black square - that's the  icon of the
dropper it was originally distributed in. As the virus replicates, it
overwrites the code 1 and data 0 resources of the applications it infects with
its own. It does *not* overwrite their tAIB resources, so the icons of the
infected applications don't change.)

Regards,
Vesselin