vibodh johari wrote:
Hi
Is anyone who has worked on Zire21 PDA  ?
Can any one tell me , after doing HOT SYNC form the PC , how can I be able
to take data   ( with the USB port in PDA  for my application that I had
loaded to it at the time of Hot Sync ) from a non PC based Device.

The device from which I  had to take data , has a serial port in it , which
is emitting data

Is simple cable from serial toUSB would work or what else I need to do ??

regards
vibodh

I've not done this on the Zire21, but on other devices I was able to call SrmOpen and pass the id for the USB port. This allows you to read from the usb port as if it were a serial port. You can use the New Seroial Manager functions to get your data (SrmReceieve, SrmSend, etc.).