Your classical approach is good, to read your code and comment out portions to
narrow down the failure.  That's what I would do first.

However, failing that, I might try printing out a line to a log file every time
I allocated memory, giving the address, and every time I freed memory, again
giving the address.  Such a log could be sorted, and I could quickly see which
address was allocated and not freed.  This might lead me to conclude that
perhaps the 412th allocation was not freed.

I could then run the emulator again, hopefully under the same conditions, and
break at that point to see what's going on.

Or maybe it would otherwise be evident from the log what the issue was?