Hi,

I have a field whose contents need to be all capital letters. A long time ago,
I wrote this code to do it:

case keyDownEvent:
   if (FrmGetFocus(frm) == FrmGetObjectIndex(frm, capsfield))
      event->data.keyDown.chr = upper_char(event->data.keyDown.chr);
   break;

I then return false from the handler, and this code has worked correctly for
years. I just tried it, and it still works in the Emulator, through OS 4. But
in the simulator, it no longer works. Stepping through the code, if I enter a
lowercase 'a', I see the call to upper_char changes the value in
event->data.keyDown.chr from 97 to 65, which is correct for a captial 'A'.
However, it's still a lowercase 'a' that is actually getting inserted into the
text field. This happens in the Treo 650, T3, and Sony OS 5 simulators, and an
OS 5 device.

Anybody know what's going on here? Why does this approach no longer work? What
do I need to change to make it work in OS 5? Thanks.

Tom

P.S. Sorry if this post appears twice. The one I sent two days ago seems to
have vanished.