From: "Henk Jonas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: palm-dev-forum
To: "Palm Developer Forum" <palm-dev-forum@news.palmos.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: Copying a database to and from ROM

> Hi Les,
>
> doesn't have the Symbion a memory card slot? I believe writing to the
> flash is a bit dangerous and could in the bad case lead to an unusable
> device. Backing up the database is a good idea, but  to a external
> memory card would be the best I guess.
>
> Regards
> Henk
>
> Les Brinkworth wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Having developed an application for a customer for the Symbol SPT1550 I
have now been told by this customer that he is having enormous problems with
customers losing data.  This is not a surprise as I warned him before hand
that if the batteries are removed there is no backup battery and after about
2 minutes all data is lost.  I purchased a product called FlashPro which
allows you to store the app in flash so that is not lost ...but obviously
that is the least of his worries.

> > What I was thinking of doing was periodically saving the database to
Flash (ROM).  My question is this: is this feasible and doable
programatically or do you need a ROM builder?  Having seen FlashPro I am
sure that it must be possible to automate for a specific database.