I have seen some strange field behaviour on the E2 simulator. I have not
seen
the same behavious on OS4. I have not yet tried other OS versions to isolate
when it started happening.

The behaviour only happens on fields with autoshift disabled.

When you tap in the middle of the text in a field, you expect the cursor to
be
placed where you tapped. This works ok for fields with autoshift enabled,
but
on fields where autoshift is disabled, the cursor hops to the end of the
text. A
subsequent tap in the same field will position the cursor properly.

I tried this even on forms where I do not do any processing of field events,
so
I do not believe that it is a problem within my application. I tried other
applications on the E2 simulator, and while they do not exhibit exactly the
same behaviour, they all do something weird on fields that have autoshift
disabled.

What is going on?