Subject: RE: Standard Palm fonts on Windows?
From: "Stadin, Benjamin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:25:09 -0000

I wonder where this fonts come from, I don't have them on any of my PCs. From the naming I guess they're from NSBasic.

When you install Constructor, Palm fonts are installed on your PC. These are bitmapped fonts not Truetype and therefore won't show up in the font selector of some software, but they are there nevertheless.

When I open PAINT on my XP Pro, the Palm fonts are available, and have names starting with CP.

I don't know if they are installed by PODS.

Anyways, I have to convert them myself if I want to include them in my own application (True Type fonts are copyrighted, Bitmap fonts like Palm/Mac nfnt are not).

The copyright of a font is not dependent upon its format.

Roger Stringer
Marietta Systems, Inc. (www.rf-tp.com)