At 02:16 AM 9/12/2005, you wrote:
The users reports about one strange thing: Preference database of my program disappears after soft reset.

The program opens his pref. database on start (read/write). Before exit, I close pref. database then reopen it (readonly|leaveopen). Then program quit and leave this database open. After soft reset this database disappears (not always and not on all Treos). I can't reproduce this situation on my treo.

What happens, and how can I fix this problem?

Make sure you use exactly the same database name, not one that varied in case. The original NVFS implementation on the Treo 650 would have problems if you tried to create two databases that had the same name, varying only in case. On reset, both would be deleted when the system tried to fix corrupt DBs.

-- Ben Combee, Senior Software Engineer, Palm, Inc.
   "Combee on Palm OS" weblog: http://palmos.combee.net/
   Developer Forum Archives:   http://news.palmos.com/read/all_forums/