Luciano A. Stertz wrote:

Del Ventruella wrote:

Wow...  One Palm device switches to a Windows platform, and the Palm OS
programmers of the world are already ringing their hands. What a coup for
Microsoft.
Seems a natural move to me. It's not only one Palm device switching to Windows. It's the sucessor of the most important device from the last Palm OS vendor switching to Windows. And don't forget that PalmSource was bougth by a browser maker company. Too bad, seems time to say good bye to Palm OS.

I don't care that much what OS a PDA runs. The showstopper for Microsoft PDAs is that they are fairly useless without a Windows PC. It is the Windows PC that restricts everyones freedom - whether user or programmer. PalmOS isn't open source, but it is an open spec allowing emulators and simulators, and the ability to sync with software other than Microsoft.