Check out socket notices. You set the socket to send a notice on one or more
events, and then go off and do other things until the notice (notification)
arrives.

OS5 supports only the 'notification' type of notice, on any combination of
the following events:

netSocketNoticeErr
netSocketNoticeUDPReceive
netSocketNoticeTCPReceive
netSocketNoticeTCPTransmit
netSocketNoticeTCPRemoteClosed
netSocketNoticeTCPClosed
netSocketNoticeConnectInbound
netSocketNoticeConnectOutbound

Sorry about the outbound connection notice not working. My fault. There are
alternatives to non-blocking outbound connection, though.

If you need code, there's probably some in the archives, and there's some
fairly opaque sample code in the SDK, or I can send you some.

Jeff Loucks
Work 425-284-1128 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home 253-851-8908 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile 253-691-8812