You would think the UI guidelines would have changed when they finally added
decent color capability to the devices.  NOT using gray for disabled
controls is counter intuitive, if the capability is there.

But the capability is not really there, is it? :-)

I disagree with the term "counter intuitive", BTW. It may be counter to your experience, but UI conventions often have little to do with intuition. If you have never seen a greyed out control before, how do you know that means you can't use it? You have to learn that first. Whereas if the control is not there, the question never arises.

I've always thought disabled controls were disallowed not because of B&W displays (you *could* still display them then), but because the UI was simpler to use without them.

Cheers,
Jim Cooper

Jim Cooper    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              Skype : jim.cooper
Tabdee Ltd    http://www.tabdee.ltd.uk

TurboSync - Connecting Delphi to your Palm