Hi!

1-bit bitmaps are not black and white... they are "foreground and background" colors. Here's a quote from the WinSetDrawMode() / WinDrawModes enumeration taken from PalmOS Reference:
--
1-bit sources (bitmap, text, and patterns) that don’t have a
color table are given a color table where entry 0 is the backColor

Jerome

Thomas L. Christensen wrote:
Hi

I am making a simple card game using OnBoardC and have I discovered a
strange thing. I use WinSetBackColor to make a green background in the
window. Then I draw a 8-bit bitmap image of a white card. I then draw
a 1-bit bitmap on top of that card - and then the green background
color is used as background in the 1-bit bitmap! Setting or removing
transparency in the 1-bit bitmap (using RsrcEdit or PRCEdit) doesn't
change anything. http:/hjem.get2net.dk/lindblad/temp/test.gif

Is this "documented behavior"? Should 1-bit bitmaps "inherit" the
background color set by WinSetBackColor? I have fixed it by using
2-bit bitmaps, but... ???

Thomas