doyou try the prefs... ?

there is an setting to determine what program will run after a reset.

Ricardo Contin
To: "Palm Developer Forum" <palm-dev-forum@news.palmos.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:56 PM
Subject: Trapping Hard Reset

I've searched through many threads related to trapping a reset and just can't seem to find a complete solution to what I'm attempting to do.

I'm using JackFlash to keep my app stored in the OS Flash area and would like to trap/launch my app after a reset. There's no problem with a soft reset, but I'm not sure how to handle a hard reset.

I'm able to trap sysAppLaunchCmdSystemReset and then set an alarm to launch my app using SysUIAppSwitch in sysAppLaunchCmdDisplayAlarm.

The issue I'm having is after a hard reset, the digitizer calibration process appears, and I'm not sure how to figure out when the user has completed this step.

What I've determined is my alarm is getting triggered, and I can trap it in sysAppLaunchCmdAlarmTriggered, but the launch code for sysAppLaunchCmdDisplayAlarm is NOT sent while the digitizer calibration is running.

I can certainly delay the alarm for a hard reset, but I'd prefer to launch my app as soon as the user is done with the calibration step. The delay only works if the user completes the calibration step immediately vs getting interrupted and coming back to it later.

I thought I was on to something by using using the ref parameter in AlmSetAlarm so sysAppLaunchCmdAlarmTriggered would know whether the alarm came from a hard vs soft reset via cmdPBP.

If it's a hard reset, then I just set another alarm a couple seconds later. As soon as the calibration step is done, sysAppLaunchCmdDisplayAlarm finally gets sent and my app launches. The issue with this is the Event Queue overflows for some reason after I've set about 20 alarms.

Any thoughts/ideas on this?

Thanks,

Paul