Hello all.

I'm a newbie to the world of developing for the PalmOS. I've programmed in TurboC++ (12 years ago), VB.Net and a few other unusual languages.

I'm not so much interested in developing for retail--MAYBE a few shareware titles in the distant future--but I do have several program ideas for my personal use that I'd like to develop.

Ok now that the background is out of the way, my questions:

1) I'm a little stymied about where to begin. The PODS help system's "Getting Started" section leaves a LOT to be desired IMHO. The three programs that I'm currently thinking about are all pretty basic. I just need to enter text in fields on my Treo650 and have the data stored in a PDB file which will then be hotsync'd to the desktop--probably just a CSV file. Suggestions on choosing a language option?

2) Is there any web site I can look to that will help me learn the different functions etc that I have available. Once again the PalmOS Developer's area leaves a lot to be desired too.

TIA!

Don