hgello,

? How many allocations of about 64K can one do?

in the storage heap? as many as will fit.

? What if I need to load an entire record, is it
possible to load all that data, about 64K into a
dynamically allocated buffer
If I were to say parse XML, would it make sense to
load as much as I can into memory and operate on that
for speed or should I iterate the data directly w/in
the storage heap?

speed?
reading storage and dynamic heap is the same speed they are on the
same RAM chip.
writing to storage in supported methods is slow, but MemSemaphore*
functions are supported in all m68k devices.