i  m trying to call todo as  application.but it is giving error message cannot
record data base . im not understanding ehy my code is like this

static void search(void)
{
        Err err;
        DmOpenRef dbP;
        LocalID dbID;
        UInt32 resultP;

        UInt16 cardNo = 0;
        DmSearchStateType searchState;

        dbP = DmOpenDatabaseByTypeCreator('STRT',sysFileCToDo,dmModeReadOnly);

    if(!dbP) FrmAlert(ToDoListOkAlert);
        err = DmGetNextDatabaseByTypeCreator (true, &searchState, toDoDBType,
                                        sysFileCToDo, true, &cardNo, &dbID);

        if(!err) SysAppLaunch (0, dbID, 0, sysAppLaunchCmdNormalLaunch,NULL,
&resultP);

}
 and call this function on the click of a button
i  m unable to find out the reason of error
thanks if any budy can solve my problem.