"Daniel Brocco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  Documentation is terrible... can't undestand anything...

Abysmal documentation from palmOne.  Or Palm, Inc.  Or whatever they're
calling themselves these days...

>  I already saw in old posts that it's just byte swap the photo. There are
> some parts of code showing that,
>  but it's totally diferente
>  and I can't make it works.

First, ensure the color depth of the display is 16-bits instead of its
8-bits default on the Zire 72.

Make these WinScreenMode API calls at the start of the application.

 //  set screen color depth to 16 bit to display thumbnail photos properly

    g_originalScreenDepth = 0;
    UInt32 newScreenDepth = 16;

    WinScreenMode(winScreenModeGet, NULL, NULL, &g_originalScreenDepth,
NULL);
    WinScreenMode(winScreenModeSet, NULL, NULL, &newScreenDepth, NULL);

Be a good programmer and reset the color depth at the end of the
application.

    //  reset screen mode to original bit pixel depth (probably eight for
Zire 72)

    WinScreenMode(winScreenModeSet, NULL, NULL, &g_originalScreenDepth,
NULL);

This is probably the solution, especially if you're displaying the preview
yourself instead of using the standard preview code built-in to the photo
library via PalmPhotoCaptureImageV2.

Feel free to post more questions.  My client and I have become waaaaaay too
intimate with the photo capabilities of the Zire 72.  Have you experienced
the "white-screen-of-death" taking outdoor photos?

Eric Lyons