function calls to libraries are made using A-traps, just like system calls,
so you cannot get pointers to them, for the same reason you cannot get a
pointer to "SysAppLaunch" or "DmDatabaseInfo" in the standard way. That
being said, I expect you can get into the library table and get pointers out
of it on OS4 and below devices. On OS5 it gets much more complicated with
PACE and I do not know how to get library fuck pointers in 68k code there.

On 12/2/06, P REEDER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Several of the palmOne shared libraries have a version function with the
> following signature:
> Err PalmPhotoLibGetVersion (UInt16 refNum, UInt32 sdkVersion, UInt32
> *libVersionP)
>
> I have declared a table with some pointers to functions having that
> signature:
> typedef struct {
>         UInt32 type;
>         UInt32 creator;
>         char* internalName;
>         char* humanName;
>         Err (*GetVersion) (UInt16 refNum, UInt32 sdkVersion, UInt32
> *libVersionP);
> } PalmOneLibRec;
>
> #define NUM_PALMONE_SHARED_LIB 2
> PalmOneLibRec palmOneSharedLibs[] = {
>         {PalmPhotoLibTypeID , PalmPhotoLibCreatorID, PalmPhotoLibName ,
> "palmOne Photo", &PalmPhotoLibGetVersion},
>         {kCamLibType, kCamLibCreator, kCamLibName, "palmOne Camera Mgr",
> &CamLibGetVersion},
> };
>

> However, the above code fails to compile, with the error message
> undefined reference to `PalmPhotoLibGetVersion'
>

> If I declare a helper function:
>
> Err CallPalmPhotoLibGetVersion(UInt16 refNum, UInt32 sdkVersion, UInt32
> *libVersionP) {
>         return PalmPhotoLibGetVersion(refNum, sdkVersion, libVersionP);
> }
>
> I can put a pointer to this function in my table, without any problem.
>

> Obviously, functions in shared libraries are not quite the same as
> functions in my code, but is there a way to use pointers to functions in
> shared libraries, without declaring helper functions?
>

> [I'm using prc-tools (m68k-palmos-gcc is version 2.95.3-kgpd) under OS X
> 10.3.9]
> --
> For information on using the PalmSource Developer Forums, or to

Best Regards, Dmitry Grinberg
Software Engineer, http://PalmPowerups.com
(847) 226 9295
AIM: DmitryGrinberg